Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Food for the brain is what I hope you will find here.
Turn your brain back on. Think! Question Everything.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Prayers


Prayer
-- Every word we speak and every thought we think. We are always praying.

I have come to the realization that I simply need to practice mindfulness in my daily living. Be more conscious of what I speak and what I think and of the prayers that I send forth. To that end, I have gone looking for specific, directed prayers that I can post in a highly visible location so that I can see them each day to remind me to focus on mindfulness. I need a new one every day so that my mind does not get bored and block / blank the prayers out. I have previously used The Great Invocation, and today I located a copy of what is known as "The Lord's Prayer" that was translated directly from Ancient Aramaic by by Neil Douglas-Klotz in Prayers of the Cosmos. I love this. It seems to flow more natural and invoke a feeling of love, peace and well-being in me. I hope you may find something here that you can use as a guide in any time of need.

In reading the book, Prayers of the Cosmos, I learned that the closing word of most Christian prayers'amen' literally translates to
Sealed in trust, faith and truth. (I confirm with my entire being.)
WOW.

Lords Prayer, from the original Aramaic
as translated by Neil Douglas-Klotz in Prayers of the Cosmos

O Birther! Father - Mother of the Cosmos
Focus your light within us - make it useful.
Create your reign of unity now-
through our fiery hearts and willing hands
Help us love beyond our ideals
and sprout acts of compassion for all creatures.
Animate the earth within us: we then
feel the Wisdom underneath supporting all.
Untangle the knots within
so that we can mend our hearts' simple ties to each other.
Don't let surface things delude us,
But free us from what holds us back from our true purpose.
Out of you, the astonishing fire,
Returning light and sound to the cosmos.

Amen.

No comments: