Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Food for the brain is what I hope you will find here.
Turn your brain back on. Think! Question Everything.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Not To Be Missed Movies

How long has it been since you watched a movie directed toward children? Many people I know think that once they are past the age of 15, or have no children of their own, that they are too old to watch children's movies. The thing about some children's movies is that they are intended to make you laugh, and sometimes you have to have some years of worldly experience to fully enjoy the "backdrop" of insinuation and unsaid. The great thing about watching a movie intended for children is that noone gets upset when you laugh out loud.

Over the past week, I have watched Up! and Night at the museum - Battle for the Smithsonian. Both were hysterically funny. I laughed until my ribs hurt. After that much laughter, I went home and slept soundly for the first time in weeks. I woke up the next day with an overall feeling of well-being and lightness of spirit.

Stop pretending to be above fun and get yourself to see either one of these movies while they are still playing on the big screen. Both have some elements of danger
and lots of adventure and may not be appropriate for some children under 8, so maybe
parents should have a date to view first, and then decide whether to take the children. Go! Enjoy! Laugh out loud.

No comments: